If you’ve noticed a few changes on the ACG Facebook Page or the dedicated PIERCE & DEREE Alumni Linkedin Pages, that’s because we at the ACG Office of Development & Alumni Relations have developed a new approach in order to facilitate your visit on our social media pages.
On Facebook, the goal is to help our alumni distinguish category posts, to make the page more user-friendly, and seven categories have been created which are distinguishable through different colored stripes:
1) Corporate (blue – burgundy): news of the college and the office.
2) Engagement (green): any type of social news – including good wishes for a celebration.
3) Success Story (dark blue): sharing alumni success stories.
4) Rising Star (light blue): celebrating alumni who are moving ahead in their careers.
5) Events (brown): events organized by the ACG community, such as reunions, annual awards, and others.
6) Fundraising (purple): information on benefactors’ support, scholarships by generous donors, and students receiving financial aid support, etc.
7) ThrowbackThursday (mustard yellow): Posts that share memories from the past from both DEREE & PIERCE alumni. Most of the time, we share photos from past yearbooks and allow alumni to tag themselves.
“Interaction through social media is a fundamental building block in alumni relations,” says Manos Varouhas (DEREE ’91), ACG’s Executive Director of Alumni & Parent Relations, adding, “employing social media in an imaginative way under a communications strategy is as essential to effective alumni relations as is the personal approach.
“At ACG, we make good use of social networks not only to reach large numbers of alumni, but also to tap into a wider passive audience of readers. In this way, we aim at maintaining long-term contact with alumni and at building relationships with former students who have not networked with ACG or their fellow alumni,” says Varouhas.
“The purpose of creating a College Alumni LinkedIn Group is to provide another channel to help individuals connect professionally and even help current students connect to successful alumni in their fields of interest,” says Mary-Irene Triantafillou (DEREE ’89), ACG’s Executive Director of Development, while underscoring that the aim is to add real value to networking.
“We aim to provide value to network – build thought leadership, share knowledge and expertise, introduce connections, recommend worthy individuals, identify jobs, special offers, mentorship opportunities, and so forth. We have documented how our PIERCE & DEREE Linkedin pages have helped members find employers, employees, investors and buyers.”
Alumni Linkedin members have expanded and as of May 18th, 2014, the Official DEREE Alumni Group counted 4,816 members from the following top six industries: Marketing & Advertising, Banking, Information Technology & Services, Financial Services, Telecoms, Public Relations & Communication.
The Official PIERCE Alumni Group on Linkedin as of May 28th, 2014 counted 1,015 members, whose nationalities are 76% Greek and 24% Other – mostly from the UK, US, and The Netherlands.
Our new social media presence was developed in collaboration with Lowe Athens.
Please send us your news and events at [email protected] so that we can share these here.