How was Greece?

Upon my return to the states, I’ve been asked more times than I can count “How was Greece?” The only words that I can find to answer this are “life changing.” Heritage Greece was not only a chance for me to visit incredible historical sites, taste authentic Greek cuisine, and experience all of the things about Greece that my YiaYia and Papou constantly regale over, but also a chance for me to make lifelong friends. Though I had been told that the relationships you make on a trip like this are unique, I really had no idea what to expect going into it. The friendships that I made, both with my fellow Greek American students and the ACG peers, are truly one of a kind. Having so much in common from the beginning coupled with sharing so many amazing experiences together, the 2014 Heritage Greece class quickly became my family. This program gave me an opportunity to experience some of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen, better understand my culture, and connect with other students like myself. Heritage Greece was truly a once in a lifetime experience, and I couldn’t possibly be more thankful to have been able to be a part of it.

Alexandra (Allie) Weber